Thursday, July 5, 2012

No surprise here...

...I still love 18kt yellow gold. 



This set was for a lovely couple in Georgia.  But I sort of like the way they look paired together as a set:


I know that some people love delicate, airy jewelry.  And I do too, sometimes.  But I'm always afraid I will break it, or wear it out, or something else irrational.  Maybe that is why I am so attracted to a bigger chunky look?  (Or maybe it is because I have sasquatch hands?  And a delicate pavé/filigree ring would look like lipstick on a pig? )


Moving day is this Sunday, my house is in total chaos.  And my mind feels the same.  I don't think I will be able to calm down until the move is over and the glasses are in the cupboard.  And really, I don't think it will be over until the home studio is finished and the studio move is over as well.  I am actually dreading that a bit more than the home move, to be honest.  Moving my workspace is just so stress inducing....trying to keep track of every little tool and all of the paper work.  And having ongoing work happening at the same time is Just. So. Stressful.  Especially at this time of year, when requests for express orders are at a high.  Ugh.  Anyway, I am just aiming to get through this weekend.  Send me your positive brain waves for an easy move. :-)

1 comment:

Katy said...

I just love the chunky jewelry, especially the two tone metal ones you make!! good luck moving, what an exhausting time.