Thursday, December 3, 2015

Fall Fall, Winter Winter

I've been a little bit seduced away from my blog by Instagram.  I'll admit it.  It's so easy.

Pretty little custom ring for a lovely lady in Vermont.

More tomatoes than I knew what to do with.  (I made sauce.)

More cushions.  Cushions cushions cushions.  Next I think I will tackle
emerald cuts.

Bikes!  They're getting so big.

I kept these.  

Birthday gift as a favor for my sister in law.

Is there anything more fun than a tire swing?  

Happy Halloween!  It dumped buckets that night, so we didn't get many
trick or treaters.  But we never do, really.  I think the houses in my
neighborhood are a little too far apart.

Platinum is becoming my new favorite.

Pumpkin picking this year.  Zinnias are the best.

Newest, oldest cushion design.  I had this ring cast a few years ago
and then never finished it for some reason.  I love it now.

Chubby little cushion cut engagement ring.  So cute.

New 10 stone scatter ring.  I have an eternity ring that is totally stones
all the way around, but I have the worst cold right now and can't even 
contemplate all that stone setting.  :-(

So excited for Hanukkah this year.  The twins are finally old enough to participate.
Of course, all of our birthdays always fall right in or around the holiday, so it is a busy couple of weeks. Daniel Tiger themed party for the sweeties.  I have a fondant cake topper of Daniel and Margaret coming from Etsy, and the Shop Monkey got two little red zip up hoodies and Trolley patches.  So excited for them!

Wonderful little project for a lovely couple in Florida.  I love the
matching rings with the little details that make them different.

Dual tone custom ring with a lovely yellow tinged cushion and a sharply oval
diamond ring.  (Not the same order.  Although who wouldn't a giant stack
of gold and diamonds?)


Well, I am most likely not going to post again before the new year.  So Happy New Year!  I really hope 2016 is better than 2015.  It's been a good year for me personally, but the world certainly seems like it is going to hell in a hand basket, doesn't it?  I have to keep reminding myself that the world probably perpetually feels like it is turning into a soup sandwich, and that I would much prefer to be living in this time than during the bubonic plague (WWI, WWII, the Cultural Revolution, Stalinist Russia, etc etc etc), even if there are such things as ISIS and Donald Trump.  (Even if the news does makes me feel like I would prefer to live in an Anthony Trollope novel or climb inside Debussy's Suite Bergamasque.)

I'm so much better at posting on Instagram.  So if you would prefer to see pictures of shiny things more often than bi-annually feel free to find me there @j.yaffa. :-)







No comments: