Monday, November 15, 2010

I am a GIANT Jane Austen fan, I'll admit it. Just so all of you know, I often listen to Jane Austen novels (and by often, I mean every week. I probably listen to two of them each week. Wait, you might say, aren't there only a few novels total? Why, yes, I would say. I listen to them over and over again. Especially Persuasion and Mansfield Park) as I work. I reveal this incriminating detail in order for the next silliness to make some sort of sense.

A couple of weeks ago I went camping on the coast with a few lady friends. It was awesome. I love my lady friends. And I also love the ocean. And Jane Austen. And so, when you combine two of these three loves you get:



"...and still descending, they soon found themselves on the sea-shore; and lingering only, as all must linger and gaze on a first return to the sea, who ever deserve to look on it at all...."


Whenever I see the ocean, I think of that quote. And I sort of love how it is protective of the sea, and basically says that if you are an ass-hat who can't appreciate the ocean, you shouldn't be looking at it at all. Period. I wonder what Jane Austen would think of ATVs. Effing ATVs.



I looooooove this old gnarled piece of wood, burnt in spots, worn in others. Textures! I want to make something with this same beautiful texture.

And just for fun:


I texted this drawing to the Shop Monkey, and he was like "hahaha, very funny". I was a little confused, since I had drawn it with the sweet intention of cartoonizing (I draw lots of these little cartoons to document our life together) our engagement, so I sent back: ? And he replied that he thought I meant: "Where's my rock?" Hehehehe! Where is my rock, btw?


And tiny Dieter. Sweetness pug. He seemed cold, so I put him up on the chair in front of the heater. He was just sitting there, dozing, but I didn't get a picture of it in time. Just as I was getting the camera ready he laid down.

No comments: