Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Quick Change Handpiece is Dead

Long live the quick change handpiece!

My Foredom quick change handpiece for my flex shaft recently went kaput on me. One of the little collets that are deep inside in the handle broke and I need a new one. I'm not quite sure where to get it, so I will have to do a little bit of research. I don't want to have to buy a new, they are sort of spendy, but I can't be stuck using the handpiece above because it is a giant pain in the a$$ to have to constantly be using the little chuck key to change burs. Especially since I do a lot if stone setting and that requires lots of bur changing. I'll figure it out though. I am so glad that I bought that handpiece above in addition to the quick change handpiece, because it would have been so terrible to have no handpiece all of a sudden, right in the middle of working on things. I couldn't do jack without that handpiece.

One thing I love about Stuller, besides the high quality of their gemstones and customer service, is that they send dum dums in every package.

It used to just be one or two, now it is a handful!



So recently a customer has been very interested in this ring:
But they are a little bit leery of buying something so expensive without seeing it in person first. I totally understand, it would be hard for me too. So in order to ease their mind I am first making a model in silver and spinel to send to them so they can judge. I'm a little nervous about this. I think I will build a lovely ring, but silver just doesn't have the same feel as gold, and I'm afraid that it will feel too light. We'll see.

No comments: